Facebook Business Setup
Thanks for choosing Plain Jane as your Facebook partner!
Together, we will grow your business but first - let's get Plain Jane access to your Facebook Ad Account/Pixel and Facebook/Instagram Business Page.This is a 3-step process:
- Set up your Facebook Business account.
- Provide Plain Jane access to your Facebook Assets.
- Make sure your billing information is updated in your Ad Account.
Step 1 – Set up Your Facebook Business Account
To create a Facebook Business account, please watch the following video from Course Envy and complete every step (make sure to add your Facebook Page AND Ad Account).
PRO TIP: If someone else at your business has already created your Facebook Page, you will need to be added to the Facebook Page as an Admin before you can create the Facebook Business account.
Learn how to add an Admin at: https://www.facebook.com/help/...
If you have created ads in the past without a Facebook Business account, you were using a Personal Ad Account. For an optimal setup, you will need to Create a New Ad Account dedicated to promoting your Facebook Business Page (again, watch the video above).
You will then need to set your Business Page as the primary page for the Business account.
- Go to your Business Info page
- Click the Edit button to the right of your Business Manager Name, Identification Number, and Temporary Thumbnail Image
- The Primary Page field will become a search box, enter your Facebook Business Page Name and select your Facebook Page
- Click the Save button that shows up and your Business Manager Account will automatically take on the branding of your Facebook Page.
Did you install your Facebook Pixel on your website yet? This is a crucial step so you can have Facebook track the people who visit your website, then you can create audiences of these visitors and RETARGET these users with Facebook and Instagram ads (i.e. “warm audience”)! Installing your Facebook Pixel requires access to your websites code, therefore you should link up with your website developer to provide them with this info.
How to Create and Install a Facebook Pixel: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/952192354843755
Step 2 – Provide us Access to Your Facebook Business Page & Ad Account
Facebook Reference Link — Give a Partner Access to Assets in Your Business Manager: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1717412048538897
Once the Facebook Business account has been created, navigate to your Business Settings page and select your business (if not already).
- In the left sidebar, click Partners (under the Users section)
- Click the + Add button
- Enter Plain Jane's Partner Business ID: 692760134436393
- Then click the blue Next button
- In the left sidebar, click Pages
- Then Select the Facebook Business Page we need access to
- Make sure to toggle the option that says Admin Access
- Repeat this process for your Ad Account, Pixel, and Instagram Account (all via the left sidebar in this same popup window)
- Select and toggle Admin Access for all these Facebook Assets we need access to
- Once done, click the blue Save Changes button in the bottom right.
Once done, our team should get the invitation to your Facebook Assets. We should be good to start working from there (we will request access to anything else if needed).
Step 3 – Make Sure Your Billing Info is Updated in Facebook Ads Manager
For all Facebook Ads campaigns you, the client, will get billed directly from Facebook. To ensure the ad account has the correct billing information, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your Facebook Ads Manager
- Go to the Payment Settings in Ads Manager
- In the Payment Method section, click Add Payment Method
- Choose the payment method you want to add, fill in your information and then click Continue. Follow any additional instructions to add your payment method
- The payment method will be saved to your account
Once you have completed these 3 steps, please email Rebecca@plainjane.nz so we can get started on creating/scaling your Facebook and Instagram ads!